Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Visit

I came "up north" to spend time with family and friends before Christmas this year in order to be available to work at the motel on Christmas Eve and Day and let staff have some time off for their holiday. A side benefit has been that I have avoided the stress that seems to be inevitable with the holiday. I breezed in, enjoyed everyone elses beautifully decorated houses, ate great food, and visited with many people I care about. I will miss the cousins and their families on Christmas day, and the annual White Elephant exchange. I will not miss that next year. But, except for the heart hurting visits in the hospital with my friend Janice (who has a difficult road ahead but will prevail), this was a spectacular visit. I got to see all of my siblings and their kids. I tried to play "Guitar Hero" for the first time (I suck). I saw dear friends. I laughed and cried. I remembered how dismally grey and gloomy Cleveland can be at this time of year, but also how much the city has to offer and what wonderful people live here. I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment