Saturday, January 22, 2011

Grammy Exciting

Jack and Matt were here for a few days of fishing. I received the highest compliment, in my opinion, when 5 year old Jack described me as "exciting'. I don't want to be remembered as soft, cuddly, or sweet. I want to be remembered for the activities that I did with my grand kids, the laughs we shared and the things that we learned together.

Unfortunately, I think that Jack's definition of "exciting" is based on my constant accidents, loudness and inappropriate language of which my son Matt is constantly saying "MOM!" I dropped my bag of gear for the boat in the canal behind the house causing much excitement to rescue it before sinking. I did lose my digital camera to salt water damage and had to tell Jack about the last camera that I lost when I jumped in the water to save the flats boat from drifting away at a boat ramp several years ago when I left the van door open accidentally all day and the battery died and as we were trying to get the battery jumped the boat, which was untended by me, became un-beached and nearly drifted to sea. And then during this vacation, I lost my hat, twice, out on the water and it had to be fished out - which isn't so easy when you are moving forward with four fishing lines in the water and the hat is rapidly heading the other direction. Second time, Capt. Ahab Matt wouldn't even stop fishing to rescue it. And, as a precaution to Jack about the danger of fish hooks I had to tell him about the one I got stuck in my ankle and had to wear like a new type of ankle piercing all day until we got to shore and it could be removed.

Oh, and then I had that little accident on the boat in front of Jack when a large wave tossed me back into a cabinet and the wind was knocked out of me and I couldn't talk for a while and needed to go back to shore and to the ER.

I guess to a five year old that is exciting. To me it is just my normal world which as always been full of mishaps and ditziness. I suppose the Welsh in me makes me a little more dramatic, noisier and theatrical than need be. But rest assured, I am a very hyper vigilant and responsible grandmother so no need to worry.

2 comments:

  1. You are Grammy exciting, you should have your own action figure. As for the hat, it wasn't very lucky anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt. I think the action figure should come with protective head gear.

    ReplyDelete