Friday, March 16, 2012

My Babies


These are two beauties that I have not posted before. A Brassocattleya and a Cattleya. The purple and green hybrid, Hippodemia, is very fragrant and what a fun face! Look at those roots. It wants to find a tree and climb. The orange Catt in the background, Siam Jade, is practically crawling out of it's basket and has a few fern hitchhikers growing in along with it. I entered them in my Orchid Club meeting last night and won two blue ribbons. I was so proud - because when I went to the Cleveland Orchid Society meetings I never had the nerve to bring a plant. I couldn't compete with greenhouse owners while I was trying to force a single bloom under lights in my basement in a Cleveland winter. But here - oh, so gratifying. Please come and see my collection and I may send you home with a plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment