Sunday, March 17, 2013

Orchid Ramble 2013

I finally got my nerve up and impulsively agreed to offer our yard as part of the Upper Keys Orchid, Bromeliad and Fern Society's annual garden ramble.  After I said yes, and the flier and directions were sent out, I sort of panicked.  We were going to be gone the weekend before and what seemed like an easy offer began to produce anxiety.  I mean, garden performance anxiety.  What if my yard was the worst and people secretly wondered who I thought I was to suggest people would want to see it!  But, in reality, everyone offers something unique to share with others.  Ideas come from our ability to see what other's do with our little plots of coral rock we are blessed to own or rent down here in "Paradise."

The day was glorious, in the mid-70's.  Everything was as cleaned up as possible, considering I live with two men who are Mr. Fix-its.  I provided some decadent homemade coffee cake to sweeten my guests impressions, and all in all it was a lot of fun answering questions about plants, water features and my wonderful orchid lath house that Harry built for me.  Then off to visit some other properties and learn and be awed by how creative people can be who all share the love of plants and gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment