Thursday, March 12, 2009

Albuquerque




We spent a few days with Jezebel and Matt and Jenavieve in N.M. They seem to be adjusting to parenthood beautifully and Jenavieve is a real sweetie - starting to focus on objects and trying to reach for them, smiling and what I call the "Bobble Head" phase where she is working to hold her head up. It was great to spend some bonding time! I told Jez that I wished all of the kids lived nearby, and could come to Shabat dinner and I could babysit whenever they needed. This flying around to see them is hard! Soon I can Skype her like I do Jack and Ruby. We are so blessed with another perfect, beautiful baby in the family!!

I laughed when I saw the house overrun with baby items. Wow, there are so many amazing things to assist with parenthood! Heated wipes, swings that go side to side and back and forth while playing Mozart and heartbeats, jungle gyms, baby videos. It is amazing. I remember the big deal with Sam was a battery operated swing that kept us sane through dinner.

We arrived and ran to the airport bathrooms to change into "black-tie attire" and were whisked off to a benefit for the Natural History Museum that consisted of chocolate and more chocolate. First, we tasted chocolates that were provided for a competition among local chefs with accompanying chocolate sculptures to vote on. Wow, I was on a sugar high. Then a lovely dinner, music, Celtic dancing (the theme was Ireland) and silent auction. Next day we visited both Matt's new offices and Jezebel Gallery. We did a little cooking, ate out at one of their favorite spots and mostly visited. It was so good to catch up!

The pictures above are of Jenavieve, the view from the back of their house of the Rio Grande, and the Jezebel Gallery. Matt and Jez are an amazing couple, very entrepreneurial and focused. They are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment