Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break!

Sam and I often have communication issues. A perfect example happened Saturday. A couple months ago, Sam mentioned some friends coming down from Purdue for spring break. OK, I sort of forgot. But, when he announced they were three hours away, and there were 5 of them, I sort of got in the snit mood I usually go to when I am sprung some news that requires me to adjust my thinking and my life. I don't do little changes well. I can do big changes, like three moves in a year, with no problem. Just feed me lots of Diet Coke and away I go into Superwoman mode. But, ask me to change my routine, or my immediate environment and I get weird. Who cries when they get a new TV that seems too big? I think I may be a real pain to live with at times.

After I got used to the idea, and laid the ground rules, and reminded Sam that everyone has to be gone on Friday because my brother is coming down, we adjusted. Except for the little issue in the middle of the night when Harry was walking around nude and there were a couple kids he ran into. Oops! They were not supposed to be upstairs in our world but Sam forgot to tell them. I think the one girl may be traumatized for life. Fortunately it was dark...

They are all camped out downstairs on air mattresses and sofa cushions and who knows what. I don't want to see. They seem respectful and neat so far. Today they all went out on the boat to snorkel and were ahead of me when I began the lecture about cleaning the gear. It had been done. And, I couldn't help myself. I made them breakfast (Jezebel's yummy eggs cooked in green salsa over chorizo sausage served on corn tortillas - yum). And, since I am not working today, made dinner also so they don't have to spend their money. I think tomorrow they are hitting Key West for St. Patrick's day. I better send jail bond money.

There seems to be only one issue left to deal with. The beer in the refrigerator downstairs is Carolyn's for fishing. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment