Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

H-Bomb and I are working today to give staff a break for the holiday. And, to alleviate guilt I may have when I announce that I am "outta here" at Christmas time to go be with family. We will have our traditional dinner tomorrow and included, among other guests, will be our friend Marvin, who, with Harry's assistance as his sponsor, is moving along on the road to United States citizenship. Harry obtained the lawyer for Marvin a couple of years ago and now there is no more looking over the shoulder and worry about being deported and having to leave his US family behind. Harry "walks the walk and talks the talk" as I have said before.

The dinner will be what has been whittled down from favorites over the years. My favorites! Hey, I am the cook. The usual turkey, cornbread stuffing, etc. Braised brussel sprouts. Green bean casserole (I do use fresh beans but the classic recipe remains king). Cranberry sauce. Homemade rolls. Also, probably several pies so that there are leftovers. We will take plates to our neighbor Kirby and his wife Martha, who are pretty much housebound these days. Martha is on oxygen and Kirby is losing sight and hearing. Such lovely neighbors. I hate to see their world shrinking.

What am I thankful for? My life. It has been a great ride so far.

1 comment:

  1. Love your Blog. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Love, The Alcorns

    ReplyDelete