Saturday, February 25, 2012

Friends of Old Seven Kick-Off

I had a blast last weekend selling t-shirts at the Friends of Old Seven Kick-Off. It was a spectacularly beautiful sunny day, with a gentle breeze blowing off the water that surrounded the venue. We had the event at a restaurant with views of the bridge and both the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico. With a tiki bar, DJ playing fun dance music (I felt like I was at a Bar Mitzvah in Cleveland when I heard YMCA by the Village People), food, a silent auction and poignant stories being told about the bridge, it was such a great time. We got our message out there and started our campaign with a bang raising money. My team of volunteers was outstanding and a fun group. We worked hard for over 6 hours. Missing is Sue Broker, my photographer. Thanks group! You are awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment