Friday, April 15, 2011

On a Lighter Note


After a day of fishing, the clean up is a real pain. You are hot, sunburned and tired. But, you still have to clean the boat, clean the gear, clean the fish AND clean yourself since seriously, you are super disgusting. But the dockside entertainment lightens the load. The minute the fish cleaning begins, the birds start arriving. Seagulls fly around shrieking "mine, mine, mine" and gorgeous egrets jockey for position with pelicans to receive tidbits. I thought Harry was awfully gassy until I realized that the egret, when annoyed, makes the loudest farting sound ever! I tried a couple of times to grab one of those long tail feathers for our fly tying friend Pete, but no luck. I never tire of how new and fresh experiences "down here" are compared to what I have known the first part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment