Thursday, January 29, 2009

Grumpy me

For some reason, the past couple days, I have been oh-so-irritable! I think it has to do with getting a claim on our insurance by the out-of-shape woman who slipped in the motel who is now claiming that she hurt her back even though her husband let it slip to me that she had back surgery a couple years ago and her original complaint was that she pulled a hamstring muscle. And, the fact that my friend Barb in Cincinnati had her house robbed in the middle of the day and they took all her heirloom jewelry that belonged to her mother and had such sentimental meaning. And, that someone smoked up one of our motel rooms (again) last night and "didn't know" that we were non-smoking despite the 8x10 red sign on the front desk and the glaring words on the registration form to that effect right below the signature line and the fact that we tell each and every person that stays with us. And, that I have lost all of my older digital photos that were on a portable hard drive that someone stole out of my suitcase when I was on a layover in Atlanta (along with my camera). Hello!!! What happened to personal responsibility and if you want something, earn it yourself and don't take mine. And, thanks for letting me rant - I feel better!

1 comment:

  1. I agree......its very upsetting that we live our lives respecting other people, and working hard for what we have, and then there are people who just feel they are owed something..........can't imagine how these types of people sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete