Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Let's Lighten it Up!


I visited Jack and Ruby and Matt and Megan in Toledo last week. We went to a Toledo Mudhens game, out to a fantastic dinner at Mancy's with Megan's parents Mike and Sherry, and her sister Kate (thanks "Papa" for your generosity - it was fantastic)! We took Ruby for her first haircut (see above - she cried the whole time). On Saturday, we all drove over to Cleveland for an day of fun with my great niece Gianna, great nephew Dominic and my nieces Erin and Trish, Erin's husband Dave, my brother Tom, sister Mary Beth (Bert) and brother-in-law Tom. We swam at the motel, had a cookout, had lunch out and all in all it was wonderful, chaotic and totally fun.

After a walk in the Metropark the next day, the kids went back to Toledo and I went to Fairlawn with Mary Beth and Tom to see their son (my nephew) Dan, sing with The Ohio State Men's Glee Club. Wow! A fantastic performance and I had to keep fighting off those tears - our little Danny - what a guy! He is a Chemical Engineering student at OSU.

I stayed at my sisters for a couple nights and managed to squeeze in visits with a few friends before heading back home. It was an emotional, fun, tiring visit. What do you say to your grandson when he asks you to buy his house so you can live with them or when he asks to go to your house and it is 1200 miles away? Ouch. And reconnecting with friends is like trying to keep knitting rhythmically when you feel like you have dropped a stitch and need to find it and repair it to continue on with a smooth pattern. I miss my other home. I like my present home. I want to have them both be my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment