Thursday, April 2, 2009

The See Hell Motel

My brother, Tom, who is visiting us, came up with that name for our motel, the Sea Dell after I walked into a room on Sunday that looked like a crime scene and found these beauties. (Don't worry, they went through our industrial washer with hotel strength bleach two times before I took the latex gloves off). The adage "no good deed goes unpunished" is so true. One of our staff asked if she could have a room for "a friend" for two nights at a discount so we said sure. Well, the "friend" was really a friend of her boyfriend who is 16 years younger than her and I would suspect, hanging with the wrong crowd? There were broken bottles, trash everywhere, the requisite empty liqueur and beer bottles, cigarette butts, and the crack pipe residue. I told you I was becoming a crack expert! And not the kind I see at the swimming pool. The cigarette burns through the bedding made me hit the roof - there goes several hundred dollars. And, we are non-smoking so clean up means the room is out of order for a few days.

Well, we (Harry) is kind (I was ready to start salary deductions) and are requesting that the boyfriend go after his friend to recover our losses. But, it didn't hurt to hold over his head that we have the fire extinguisher he pulled out with his finger prints on it and the crack residue in case we have to call in the authorities. Our staff member was terrified she would lose her job. I just remember what my father-in-law always said - "if you lie with dogs, you can get fleas" and hope that she has a bit of a wake up from this, because we like her, and so do our guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment